My Little Moonlight - A Collaboration with my Toddler

October 09, 2017

A Collaboration with my Toddler

"My Little Moonlight"

by Theodore & Ruth Oosterman



Theodore LOVES bunnies. 

He squeals in delight every time he sees one (along with dogs and cats) and in his painting, I could see a little bunny with long ears. A faint paint stroke above it gave me the shape for the mother rabbit's face and the two circles below became her back and puffy tail.

From the beginning, I have called Theodore my moonlight, while Eve is my sunshine. This collaboration represents the bond I have with Theodore, my little moonlight, inspired by our two years of night wakings and intense sleep deprivation. 

It was only about a week or two ago Theo began consistently sleeping through the night (knock on wood) and our endless foray of 2 AM partying has ended. Two years of seeing his adorable grin begging me to play while all else is still, night after night, hours upon hours, ended up creating a bond between the two of us. He takes after the night owl in me and in this painting I see the two of us on one of our many midnight adventures staring up at the sky.

Just the two of us, me and my moonlight, Theodore.


(Make sure to watch the Timelapse Video below)



ART PRINTS: https://goo.gl/Bmd5L4

You Might Also Like

0 comments