If the Desire to create exists within, then you ARE an artist.

August 12, 2017




I have always maintained that if a person has the desire to create then they already ARE an artist. One of the greatest stumbling blocks to creating is the thing I hear most from those stuck on wishing they could but don't.

The destructive phrase: "But I'm not an artist."

That simple phrase consisting of only 16 letters has stopped this world from seeing millions of countless creations that could have been. That phrase stopped me from taking myself seriously for years until finally, I realized the only competition I have is with myself. We shouldn't be stuck on creating "good" art but rather our OWN art because no one can come close to what we can each individually create.


There is real magic in what you can do. There is no one like you. There is no one with your imagination or unique perspective of this world and you owe it to yourself to pursue that potential.

So today I'd like you to throw that phrase out the window and truly accept yourself as an artist.

THE ARTIST YOU HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG.


RAFFLE CONTEST:
I am so grateful for all of the continued support and encouragement from all of you and would love to see your own creations! Head over to FACEBOOK and post one of your latest or most favourite creations (art, photography, baking, etc.) in the comment section belonging to the photo above. 
Next Saturday I'll draw a name and send the winner a free art print of their choice!

You Might Also Like

0 comments