"Adrift" - A Collaboration with my Toddler

November 19, 2015

A Collaboration with my Toddler

"Adrift"

by Eve & Ruth Oosterman



Just a quick post today, I've got a sick three year old and a 3 month old who doesn't want to be put down, life has definitely become a juggling act!

"Adrift" is the latest painting created by collaborating with my three year old, Eve. As each day passes her passion for painting only grows and she continues to teach me in ways I could never have imagined. The simple act of her allowing me to see through her eyes is the most priceless of gifts, I am incredibly grateful.
I had a sketch that I was going to paint using watercolor when Eve decided she wanted to join me. I let her choose the colors and I used a wet paintbrush to pick up what she put down and guide it to where I wanted. After a while she decided to move on to something else and we left it to dry, later that day I went back to add the details. "Adrift" reminds me of the elusive daydream that teleports you to lands unknown, the moment your eyes just glaze over and you completely disappear from time.


Prints available on

VIDEO TIMELAPSE of "ADRIFT"



You Might Also Like

0 comments